Thursday, April 2, 2020

Junkyard Build: Hammond vibrato scanner



 I first heard the Hammond vibrato scanner in a Hammond M-100 I was contracted to chop and add after-touch. It was glorious! Even with a slight motorboat. i considered that motorboat effect to be one of the sounds it can produce and we can use.

 So i decided to build my own stand alone unit. There are a few places that have already done this, with great results. I suggest you go seek them and find the information if your so inclined. I did and it helped me greatly on this build. This unit is basically another Doppler effect, but i feel it has character and potential that set it aside if by only a half step from it's other Doppler cousin's. I have succeeded in building the unit to a degree in video part 1, but i wish to further enhance the unit. I want the chorus switch option from the original design that takes the dry signal out of the effect leaving behind just the Doppler. I also want it to be able to accept signals on it's own without a two amplifier setup. this will be the challenge, and I'm looking into amplifier options to build in. Finally i'd like to simulate the motorboat effect on a switchable input and finish the chassis.

Details inside:
https://youtu.be/lJcV_LJrWPI

Be sure to keep an eye out for part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment