Friday, April 3, 2020

Junkyard studio: Hammond Leslie Build

The Hammond Leslie.

 I heard of the Leslie from a friend who was into Hammond organs, and boy could he play! From that point on, like a lot of these really great mechanical effects i had lusted after one. Modern day problems always got in the way. shipping, space, cost, that sort of thing. So i started what would become a 10 year project. I purchased the lower rotor, a few years later the upper rotor, then i sold out my p.a. system and had a 16 space rack sitting empty. It was a long slow process, and the final piece to the puzzle was my studio. For years i had been gathering the materials but had no space to put them all in. the day had finally arrived and i had all the bits to assemble it. It took many hours of experiments and building, but in the end i came out with a pretty great low cost, low space Leslie unit. I hope you agree!

Details inside:
https://youtu.be/C4iHxtiNzPM

No comments:

Post a Comment